Monday, August 4, 2008

Beta OUT

So, those of you who volunteered to beta test this game have probably recd. a little message in their inbox with download instructions. Huzzah! I am so glad I was able to iron out enough to bring it to a testable stage. I realize it is an part of the entire campaign, and there may be more campaigns to go, but perhaps this 90-95% of the first chapter will show you how BIG the frikkin' thing is.

I cut some content because they are major spoilers, and I didn't want you guys to be spoiled. What if you play the final mod someday. That 10% I left out- I can test. But the bulk, I am going to need your help with and HOW!

For starters, bug testing is not the big deal for me. Bugs can be fixed. Conversations can be rewritten, proofed, checked and quests shuffled around to mitigate problems. What matters above all else is whether the tale is worth pursuing. I have given you guys enough to get a big taste of the writing, the people, the characters and the world. Before you bug test, or spell check or anything else, I want you to play it like you ordinarily would. (AFTER reading the Readme document) and just tell me what you thought.

This is my first major piece of work, and so I am going to be justifiably proud of it. But if enough of you say it sucks, then perhaps I can adjust my expectations accordingly.

First let me know what you thought. Be honest, I can take it ;) and let me know what the mod felt like. Then we can get to the more time consuming task of bug testing.

Once again, if you have volunteered to test this mod, know that I really, truly, honestly and completely appreciate your help.

No comments: